Azul was sponsoring a surfing competition called the Rio Surf Pro Internatioanl, and I was asked to go help at the event. So basically I got a free trip to Rio de Janeiro for wearing an Azul baseball cap while watching people surf. It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it! The competition was on Praia do Arpoador which is right in between the famous Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, which was pretty sweet. Saturday it rained all day, and the beach was completely deserted. But on Sunday, the sun came out and so did the entire population of Rio. I have never seen such a crowded beach! Not to mention the massive amounts of gross, old men in speedos and women wearing bikinis way too small for their body type. Sick. Monday, before I flew home I went for a ride up Corcovado, where the famous Cristo Redentor statue is. That was very cool – easily one of the most dramatic and stunning views I’ve ever seen. The trip to Rio was worth it just for that!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
MY FIRST BUSINESS TRIP
Three days before my trip, I saw on the news that some druglords in the slums of Rio shot down a police helicopter with a rocket-propelled grenade. How crazy is that?! It's like something out of a movie...but it's real life. It freaked me out a little, but I was assured that I would be safe if I stayed near the beach.
Azul was sponsoring a surfing competition called the Rio Surf Pro Internatioanl, and I was asked to go help at the event. So basically I got a free trip to Rio de Janeiro for wearing an Azul baseball cap while watching people surf. It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it! The competition was on Praia do Arpoador which is right in between the famous Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, which was pretty sweet. Saturday it rained all day, and the beach was completely deserted. But on Sunday, the sun came out and so did the entire population of Rio. I have never seen such a crowded beach! Not to mention the massive amounts of gross, old men in speedos and women wearing bikinis way too small for their body type. Sick. Monday, before I flew home I went for a ride up Corcovado, where the famous Cristo Redentor statue is. That was very cool – easily one of the most dramatic and stunning views I’ve ever seen. The trip to Rio was worth it just for that!
Azul was sponsoring a surfing competition called the Rio Surf Pro Internatioanl, and I was asked to go help at the event. So basically I got a free trip to Rio de Janeiro for wearing an Azul baseball cap while watching people surf. It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it! The competition was on Praia do Arpoador which is right in between the famous Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, which was pretty sweet. Saturday it rained all day, and the beach was completely deserted. But on Sunday, the sun came out and so did the entire population of Rio. I have never seen such a crowded beach! Not to mention the massive amounts of gross, old men in speedos and women wearing bikinis way too small for their body type. Sick. Monday, before I flew home I went for a ride up Corcovado, where the famous Cristo Redentor statue is. That was very cool – easily one of the most dramatic and stunning views I’ve ever seen. The trip to Rio was worth it just for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment